In working towards the ultimate goal of making therapies available to all patients in need, Fondazione Telethon pursues cooperative strategies to combine its resources and capabilities with those of private undertakings in order to achieve full therapeutic development of its research results.
The final goal: to make our results available to all patients
In order to achieve this goal the Business Development Office uses its competencies to support Telethon research projects:
- Intellectual Property: protection and management of intellectual property rights.
- Marketing: increase Fondazione Telethon’s visibility among for-profit players in the field (including pharma and biotech companies as well as venture capital firms) and active advertising of the most advanced projects.
- Partnerships: Negotiation of agreements with for-profit players in the field.
- Alliance Management: facilitate active academia-industry collaborations ensuring the appropriate and timely progression of strategic industrial alliances.
- Regulatory Affairs: assist in the definition of the regulatory strategy for project development and registration. Specific expertise in the field of orphan drugs and paediatric indications.
In supporting the most advanced research projects, the Business Development Office works closely with Clinical Development and Operations.
Ongoing collaboration with industrial partners
- In partnership with Orchard Therapeutics, researchers at SR-Tiget are developing gene therapies for some rare genetic diseases (Orchard Therapeutics took the partnership over from Glaxo SmithKline).
- In partnership with Sanofi, researchers at SR-Tiget are developing gene therapies for hemophilia A and B (Sanofi took the partnership over from Biogen and Bioverativ).
- In partnership with Casma Therapeutics, researchers at Tigem are conducting research projects aimed at developing new therapies for lysosomal storage diseases and neurodegenerative diseases.
Companies based on Telethon research
- Epsilen Bio is a company based on a technological platform developed by a SR-Tiget investigators with the goal of developing advanced therapies. Epsilen Bio collaborates with SR-Tiget and received funding from the Sofinnova-Telethon fund.
- Genespire is a company based on the results of SR-Tiget research aimed at developing advances therapies for genetic diseases. Genespire collaborates with SR-Tiget and received funding from the Sofinnova-Telethon fund and form the Sofinnova Capital IX fund.
- Innovavector is a company built on TIGEM competences in gene therapy with the aim of designing and testing new techniques for the production, purification and quality control of adeno-associated viral vectors (AAV) for gene therapy use. The company is the product derives from the encounter between Fondazione Telethon and Equiter, a venture capital investor and advisor to the Research and Innovation Fund (RIF).
- Next generation Diagnostics is a company based on TIGEM competences, aimed at developing and testing new diagnostic techniques. The company derives from the encounter between Fondazione Telethon and Equiter, a venture capital investor and advisor to the Research and Innovation Fund (RIF).
COMPOUNDS INDUCING DEGRADATION OF THE CELLULAR PRION PROTEIN